Are you itching to switch up your Fortnite persona but don’t know how to go about changing your username? Well, fret no more! In this article, we’ll guide you through the simple steps on how to change your Fortnite username. Whether you’re looking to reinvent yourself or just tired of the same old name, we’ve got you covered. So, grab your controller and let’s get started on this journey to a fresh gaming identity! Changing your Fortnite username is a straightforward process that can be done through various methods. In this article, we will guide you through different techniques to change your Fortnite username so that you can personalize your gaming experience. Whether you prefer using the Epic Games website, modifying the name on your console or PC, leveraging the mobile app, or requesting a name change through customer support, we’ve got you covered.
Before we dive into the methods, let’s take a look at the requirements you need to fulfill in order to change your Fortnite username successfully. These requirements are essential to ensure a smooth transition and avoid any complications along the way.
To change your Fortnite username, you must first have an active Fortnite account. Without an account, you won’t be able to access the necessary settings and make any changes. It’s important to ensure that you have accurate account information, including your email address and password, to prevent any issues during the process.
Additionally, you need to meet the name change criteria set by Epic Games. This means that your desired username should comply with the guidelines provided by the game developer. It should not contain any offensive or inappropriate language, and it should not be already in use by another player.
Now that we’ve covered the requirements, let’s explore the step-by-step guides for each method of changing your Fortnite username.
Method 1: Using the Epic Games Website
- Start by visiting the Epic Games website in your preferred web browser.
- Access your account settings by logging into your Fortnite account.
- Once you’re logged in, click on the ‘Account’ option to proceed.
- Look for the ‘Display Name’ section and select it.
- Enter your desired Fortnite username in the provided field.
- After entering your desired username, confirm the name change.
- Finally, wait for the changes to reflect in the game, and you’re all set!
Method 2: Changing the Name on the Console or PC
- Launch Fortnite on your console or PC.
- Access the settings menu within the game.
- Navigate to the ‘Epic Friends’ section.
- Select your current name, which will allow you to make changes.
- Click on ‘Edit Display Name’ to modify your username.
- Input your new Fortnite username.
- Confirm the changes for them to apply successfully.
Method 3: Modifying the Name Through Mobile App
- Open the Fortnite app on your mobile device.
- Look for the ‘Menu’ icon and tap on it.
- Access the ‘Settings’ menu from the options provided.
- Select ‘Epic Friends’ from the available settings.
- Tap on your current name to proceed.
- Choose ‘Edit Display Name’ to modify your username.
- Enter your desired Fortnite username.
- Save the changes, and you’re ready to go!
Method 4: Requesting a Name Change on Customer Support
- Visit the Epic Games Customer Support website.
- Sign in to your Fortnite account using your credentials.
- Select the ‘Contact Us’ or ‘Email Us’ option, depending on the available choices.
- Provide all the required information, including your account details.
- Explain your reason for requesting the name change.
- Submit the form or send the email to initiate the process.
- Now, all you need to do is wait for a response from customer support.
While changing your Fortnite username can be exciting, there are a few things you should consider before making the switch.
Consideration 1: Impact on Friends List and In-Game Relationships
Changing your Fortnite username might lead to confusion among your friends and in-game relationships. It’s essential to inform your friends of your new username to avoid any misunderstandings or issues when trying to connect and play together.
Consideration 2: Loss of In-Game Progress and Stats
When you change your Fortnite username, your in-game progress and stats will not be transferred to the new name. Your achievements, level, and statistics will remain associated with your original account. Therefore, it’s important to be aware of this before proceeding with a name change.
Consideration 3: Impact on Purchases and Content
Changing your Fortnite username will not affect any purchases you’ve made or the content you own within the game. All your acquired skins, emotes, and other items will still be accessible under your account, regardless of the username change.
Consideration 4: Avoiding Inappropriate or Offensive Names
When choosing a new Fortnite username, it’s crucial to adhere to Epic Games’ guidelines. Avoid using any names that are inappropriate, offensive, or violate the game’s terms of service. Failure to comply may result in consequences such as suspension or a forced name change.
Now that we’ve covered the considerations, let’s address some frequently asked questions to provide you with more clarity.
FAQ 1: Can I change my Fortnite username more than once?
No, currently, Epic Games only allows players to change their Fortnite username once every two weeks. It’s important to choose your new username wisely and make sure it’s something you will be happy with in the long run.
FAQ 2: Is there any cost associated with changing the in-game name?
No, changing your Fortnite username is completely free of charge. You can modify your name without any financial implications.
FAQ 3: Will my friends and progress be transferred with the new name?
Your friends and progress will not be transferred when you change your Fortnite username. Your friends will need to add your new username to continue playing together, and your progress will remain associated with your original account.
FAQ 4: Are there any restrictions on choosing a new Fortnite username?
Yes, there are some restrictions when it comes to selecting a new Fortnite username. Your name cannot be offensive, inappropriate, or already in use by another player. Additionally, it should meet Epic Games’ guidelines and terms of service.
In conclusion, changing your Fortnite username is a simple process that can be done through various methods. Whether you choose to use the Epic Games website, modify it on your console or PC, leverage the mobile app, or request a name change through customer support, you can personalize your gaming experience with a unique username. Just make sure to consider the impact on your friends list, in-game progress, purchases, and content, as well as adhere to the guidelines provided.